Terms & Conditions
Terms & Conditions of Business for Services
1. All Owners will have been deemed to accept Dogs and Mogs terms and conditions (as laid out here) by signing.
2. Dogs and Mogs undertakes to perform the agreed upon services in an attentive, reliable and caring manner and the owner undertakes to provide all necessary information to assist in this performance.
3. Dogs and Mogs is fully insured with Pet Business Insurance.
4. The Owner must provide Dogs and Mogs with the name and contact of someone, in the case of any illness or emergency, capable of making a decision relating to your pet(s). If the contact(s) is unavailable Dogs and Mogs are authorised to transport your pet to a veterinarian and give permission for treatment.
5. The Owner shall be liable for all medical expenses and damages resulting from an injury to Dogs and Mogs staff caused by your pet.
6. The owner is responsible for any veterinary bills, no matter how they are incurred, whilst pets are in the care of Dogs & Mogs Jersey.
7. Dogs and Mogs accepts no liability for any breach of security or loss or damage to the owners property if any other person has access to the property during the term of this agreement.
8. Dogs and Mogs will give a minimum of 24hrs notice if they are unable to carry out the services agreed in the event of unforeseen circumstances.
9. Dogs and Mogs will provide poo bags and remove all faeces from all public places.
10. The Owner is solely responsible for any and all harm or damage caused by their dog while it is under the care of Dogs and Mogs and agrees to indemnify Dogs and Mogs in full, against any liability arising from such harm or damage to third parties.
11. The Owner agrees that, in admitting their dog, has relied on the owners representation that their dog is in good health and has not harmed or shown aggression or threatening behaviour toward any person or any other dog.
12. All dogs will be subject to an initial assessment by Dogs and Mogs staff. Dogs and Mogs reserves to refuse admission to any dog deemed in their absolute discretion to be, or have the potential to be, dangerous or disruptive.
13. The Owner agrees to notify Dogs and Mogs immediately of any unwelcome, aggressive, procreative or dangerous behaviour of their dog that has potential to cause harm to any other dog or individual.
14. Dogs and Mogs offer services where dogs co-mingle in groups and the owner accepts that during the course of normal dog play their dog may sustain injuries. All dog play is carefully monitored to avoid injury, but scratches, punctures, torn ligaments, or other injuries may occur despite the best supervision.
15. Dogs and Mogs will only let dogs off the lead once an ‘off the lead consent’ has been signed, and will remain at the discretion of Dogs and Mogs staff.
16. The Owner is responsible for the full cost of treatment of any injuries or illness that their dog receives while under the care of Dogs and Mogs, together with any associated costs e.g. call-out charges. The Owner authorises the staff of Dogs and Mogs to seek such veterinary advice and/or treatment as they deem necessary; where possible this will be carried out by the Owners usual/preferred Vet, but this cannot be guaranteed (e.g. in an emergency) and the Owner accepts that the staff of Dogs and Mogs may at their discretion use any registered Vet. The Owner agrees to pay all such costs immediately upon pick-up of their dog or by agreement with the proprietor.
17. Dogs and Mogs reserves the right to refuse admission if the Owner fails to provide adequate proof of vaccinations or the vaccinations are found to be expired or otherwise incomplete.
18. Bitches may not attend Dogs and Mogs while in season unless on an individual walk. Dogs and Mogs reserves the right to refuse admission if these criteria are not met.
19. The Owner accepts that even if their dog is vaccinated against Kennel Cough, there is a chance that their dog can still contract Kennel Cough. The Owner agrees that they will not hold Dogs and Mogs responsible if their dog contracts Kennel Cough while attending.
20. The Owner agrees to take any necessary measures or precautions to ensure that their dog is continuously free of contagious, infectious, or otherwise communicable diseases. The Owner further agrees to notify Dogs and Mogs immediately of any infectious and/or contagious disease or conditions their dog has been exposed to or is affected by.
21. The Owner consents to their dog being photographed, videotaped, and/or used in any media or advertising by Dogs and Mogs without prior approval. All such media remain the property of Dogs and Mogs.
22. The Owner agrees to provide secure collars with name tags and Dogs and Mogs is not responsible for any lost, stolen or damaged leads, collars, tags, clothing or any other item left with their dog.
23. The Owner agrees to ensure their dog has not eaten in the hour before pick up by Dogs and Mogs to ensure sufficient time to digest food before any exercise or play. Failure to do so may result in the potentially life-threatening condition Bloat (Gastric Torsion).
24. The walker will apply personal judgment and cut short a walk if necessary because of extreme weather conditions (i.e., heat, thunder storms) for the safety of both the dogs and the walker.
25. The Owner agrees to give 48hrs cancellation notice, otherwise full payment is due.
Pet Sitting/Pet feeding/Puppy Visits
26. Dogs and Mogs accepts no responsibility for any loss or mishap whatsoever nature which may befall your pet, or caused by your pet who has unsupervised access to the outdoors. In the event that an animal has unsupervised access to the outdoors i.e cats/dog flaps, goes missing or is injured, during the period of home visits, Dogs and Mogs will inform the Owner or emergency contact and relevant authorities i.e JSPCA.
27. The Owner agrees to provide all food, cat litter, bedding etc for the period they are away. In the event that additional items may need to be purchased whilst pet sitting, i.e food, cat litter etc, Dogs and Mogs will purchase these, obtain a receipt and the owner agrees to reimburse dogs and Mogs for these items.
28. Dogs and Mogs accepts no liability for other persons who will be in your home prior to, during or immediately after our services have been rendered.
29. Please inform us at the time of booking of anyone with access to your property while you are away, i.e cleaners, family, friends.
30. Dogs and Mogs will make adequate steps to ensure your home is safe and secure during your absence, however Dogs and Mogs will not be held responsible for any damage to your property, or that of others, caused by your dog/cat during the time they are in our care.
31. Dogs and Mogs will clean up after your pets to the best of their ability but will not be held responsible for carpet/floor stains made by your pet.
32. Any cancellations must be made more than 48hrs in advance or the full rate will be charged.
33. Clients must notify the veterinary surgery that Dogs and Mogs will be attending the appointment on their behalf and ensure that arrangements for payment have been made with either Dogs and Mogs or the vet.
Keys/Access to property
34. The Owner agrees to provide keys/arrange access to Dogs and Mogs for the agreed appointment; failure to do so will result in a cancellation for that day’s service and will be paid in full by the Owner.
35. The Owner agrees that, by signing the key holder waiver form this will indemnify Dogs and Mogs in full against any liability arising from loss or damage to the property or its contents, in present and future circumstances.
36. No variation of these Terms and Conditions will have effect unless confirmed by Dogs and Mogs in writing.
37. Should any pet become aggressive or dangerous, Dogs and Mogs reserves the right to terminate the its services with immediate effect
38. Cancellation by the Owner less than 48hrs prior to the booking will not receive any refund and full payment will be due.
39. Dogs and Mogs accepts cash, cheques or bank transfer
40. Payment is due within 7 days of the invoice date. A 25% deposit is required upfront for pet sitting services.
41. Failure to pay the invoice will result in services being suspended until payment is made.
Key Holder Disclaimer & Waiver of Liability:
I understand that this form acts as permission to hold keys to my property, which I have provided willingly. I hereby indemnify Dogs and Mogs Jersey and their staff against liability of any kind whatsoever arising from damage or loss of any property.
I authorise Dogs and Mogs to obtain emergency veterinary care that maybe necessary whilst our pets are in your care. I understand every effort will be made by Dogs and Mogs to contact us prior to seeking veterinary care. I accept I am responsible for any charges which are incurred relating to my pet.
I agree to reimburse Dogs and Mogs for any additional fees relating to emergency care, including transport, housing, food, supplies etc.
I accept I am responsible for any medical expenses and damages causing injury to the Dogs and Mogs staff or other persons made by my dog(s).
I accept the services of Dogs and Mogs Jersey in accordance to the Terms and Conditions above.
Dogs and Mogs Jersey agrees to provide the services to the above owner in accordance to the above Terms and Conditions and with the pet information sheet.
Dogs and Mogs promises to keep safe and confidential all keys, access codes and personal information of the Owner and to return the same to the Owner at the end of the contract period or immediately upon demand.
Dogs and Mogs Jersey staff name:……………………………………………………………..